Monday, January 20, 2014

Pup Training, Granola and No Racing

Here we are! Monday again!

I didn't update the end of last week, which was much the same as usual. Except for a fun pup outing to obedience training!

I got a gift certificate for Christmas for a training center next to me and finally cashed in one of our sessions. I was SO excited. Milo had no idea what was about to happen, but I was brimming with the anticipation.


We worked on coming when called and healing, which took most of the time. Milo caught on very quickly, and I was such a proud fur mama! We've been working on the commands since then and he's been getting better and better. 

We went for a run around Discovery Park on Friday. It was a perfect day: cool and completely DRY. And, of course, guess who found the only mud puddle on the entire trail?! 


Not only did he have to run through it, but he had to splash it all over his face as well. What a goofball!

I received another free week of yoga at Core Power Yoga in Ballard, so I enjoyed several hot hot yoga classes this weekend. I did the typical Core Power (vinyasa style) on Friday, after which I was CRAVING a Kombucha like CRAZY!


The little carbonation in them is so thirst-quenching. On a side note: GT's Kombucha is such a great company. Last time I bought a bottle, there was something stuck under the lid and the drink had gone bad. I wrote them an email and they apologized and sent me a coupon for a free drink. They must have taken care of the entire shipment because the next time I was at the store, they had pulled all the drinks off the shelves.

Saturday morning started with my usual lifting routine. I did back squats this time and worked my way up to 145 lbs. 


I also did lots of walking lunges and a bunch of core stuff. My legs were dead the rest of the day. Seriously, there is nothing better than dead legs after heavy lifting! It's such a different feeling from dead legs from running.

In food news, I made some granola this weekend. I've been on a yogurt kick and was craving some of the crunchy stuff to mix in. I did the following:

2 cups oats
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
3 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons honey
a few pinches of salt

Baked at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes.


Sunday I went back to Core Power Yoga for a Core Fusion class. I wasn't sure what to expect, and I wasn't thrilled with the class. It was more of a Bikram style class, which doesn't make me jump for joy. But it was free and I still sweat, so I was still happy.

And finally, when I've let Milo on the couch the past few days, he's been curling up on the opposite end away from me. Last night he finally migrated over to me for some snuggles. That little face. Gets me every time!


And a bit of bad news: I was supposed to be running the Rain Run Half Marathon this Saturday. And I can't get anyone to cover my shift at work that morning. Not only did I waste the race fee, but I was actually excited for this race! I haven't trained much (if at all), but it was a capped race so it wouldn't be too crowded and it was flat. Boo. Serves me right for registering for a race and assuming I could find shift coverage!

No comments:

Post a Comment